Anyone who knows me or has followed my nonsensical babbling on here knows a few key pieces of info about me:
1. Some of my favorite time is the time I spend in the gym
2. I am a certified personal trainer
3. I am only human
With all of the above in mind, I share with you all (or just myself in case no one else actually reads this) how much I support working with a Personal Trainer. Even as a Personal Trainer I prefer to work out with someone else.
There are a lot of things that play into their importance for me, many of which have been discussed in length with the wonderful Ron Brennan at KEHPT//Body Blocks.
I spend all day thinking about the million things I have to get done, and although I know how to structure workouts and push myself, sometimes I just don’t want to think about it.
Trainers are there to:
1. Structure your workouts so either you don’t have to or you can learn how to.
2. Push you past that point where you decide to quit. No matter how hard I push myself, they’re always there to tell me “2 more”.
3. Help you maintain form and prevent injury.
The list goes on and feel free to add to it! (Helps me know I’m not just talking to myself over here)
But in all seriousness, I’m sitting on the train heading home from work and this came to mind because I am working out on my own tonight, which isn’t exactly unusual, and it has taken me a while to decide on a back day. Now that I’ve picked my muscle group, I have to come up with what I’m actually going to do. Inevitably I know it’ll be a good workout. But it could be better.
It’s days like this I miss my trainers at Body Blocks and Terry’s BuffCamp!